Transfer from Palma Airport (PMI) to Alcudia
Balearic Transfer - Transfer from Palma Airport to Alcudia
. We guarantee that our vehicles for this transfer to Alcudia meet all necessary quality and safety standards. Professional chauffeurs. Price per person with a free piece of luggage to all destinations in Mallorca.
Details of the trip and transfer to Alcudia
Pickup: Palma Airport
Distance: 60 km (37.2 mi.)
Estimated time: 45 minutes
Transportation: Private, exclusively for you or your group.
Available Vehicles: Taxi, Minivan, Minibus and Bus
City of Alcudia, history and culture
The city of Alcudia is located in northeastern Mallorca, forming a peninsula with an area of more than 60 square km between the bays of Pollensa and Alcudia, and is home to more than 19,000 residents. Ideal for nature lovers, it has 30 km of coastline with a great diversity of landscapes, sandy beaches and majestic cliffs.
It is a beautiful area that offers stunning turquoise beaches, with a wide variety of beaches and coves to delight its visitors. From beaches bustling with people to unspoiled beaches and coves surrounded by pine forests and a natural beauty that makes it feel like paradise.
The historic center of Alcudia is surrounded by the only completely preserved wall, which began construction in the 14th century under King Jaime II and wasn’t finished until the end of that same century, in order to protect the inhabitants of Alcudia. However, it was not enough to drive away the pirates, who attacked the city again and again during the 16th century, causing large numbers of people to flee. Fortunately, the construction of a port in 1779 saved Alcudia from decline.
The city of Alcudia and the Pollentia archeologic zone were declared a Historic-Artistic Complex by Decree 21/41 on July 20, 1963.
The remnants of human occupation in Alcudia dates back to the Pre-Talaiotic Period (2000–1200 BC). The talaiots are the megalithic constructions from which the Talaiotic Culture gets its name and they are abundant in this municipality, most notably in the town of Son Simó.
Among the archeological remains of the Roman city of Pollentia, we can find the smallest Roman amphitheater in Spain, which was used as a necropolis during Roman times. You can still see some of the ancient tombs between the tiers of the theater. It is located just a few meters from the heart of Alcudia, and in the ruins at the site you can see a set of houses (from the Portella), a theater and the forum area.
The city of Alcudia has a medieval urban layout, where you can see the narrow, irregular streets. There are some buildings that still maintain elements that are characteristic of the city’s era of splendor and that are of great architectural value.
The historic center has been restored without losing any of its charm, and converted into a large pedestrian area that is perfect for a relaxing stroll.
The main attraction of Alcudia is its wide variety of services and facilities to spend a holiday on the beach. Its 'mini train' is great fun and takes visitors from one side of the town to the other. Alcudia is also a good spot on the island to discover and explore some of Majorca's main historical and natural sites. You can do some of the many excursions that Mallorca has to offer, such as visit the Caves of the Drac, which are located near Porto Cristo, the settlement of the Bronze Age in Artà or the castle of Capdepera. In the center of Alcudia lies the marina considered to be the most important in the east of Mallorca with its elegant yacht club.
Things to do
· Museo Sa Bassa Blanca is a museum of contemporary art that is fully integrated with nature, with protected status and declared a biological reserve.
· Hidropark waterpark, for the little ones.
· If you love cycling, Alcudia offers the chance to discover its routes that run between the mountains and the sea. The great year-round weather in Mallorca means that many groups of European cyclists come to our island to practice this sport and prepare for competition season.
· Golf Alcanada, an 18-hole course with a privileged location, opened in 2004 with all the services you need to enjoy this sport any time of year.
· Alcudia is the ideal place to for nautical activities, aquatic and underwater sports, as it boasts a simply spectacular natural environment and a very complete infrastructure that allow to you participate in whatever activity you like. In our municipality, you can rent boats and moorings and practice sports like windsurfing, swimming and scuba diving, for everyone from beginners taking classes to experts and competitions.
· For those who love heights, you can practice aero sports in Alcudia and the surrounding areas, like paragliding, hang-gliding, ballooning or helicopter rides, flying over the island in a hot air balloon or helicopter.
· It is a beautiful area that offers stunning turquoise beaches, with a wide variety of beaches and coves to delight its visitors. From beaches bustling with people to unspoiled beaches and coves surrounded by pine forests and a natural beauty that makes it feel like paradise.
Here 191 restaurants, variety of food and cuisine typical of several countries.
You will find Italian restaurants, Thai restaurants, Indian restaurants and above all typical Mallorcan food.
If you already have accommodation, indicate it in your reservation. Balearic Transfer will be your transport to any hotel, house or hostel. The best hotels in the area from 90 €. It has more than 300 hotels in the area, look for the one that best suits your vacation.
Events in Alcudia
· In the historic center of Alcudia, an open-air market is held every Tuesday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., dedicated to local products of the island as well as a variety of items such as shoes, clothing, bags and souvenirs.
· You can also enjoy an evening market on the Port d’Alcudia boardwalk from early June to late September on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
· On September 1, the “Travesía a Nado de Aguas Abiertas” (“Open Water Swim”) will be held in Alcudia again, with free registration for anyone who wants to participate.
· “Cursa Nocturna Ronda Murada” (“Nighttime Race Around the Wall”), a race that runs through the interior of the historic center of Alcudia and its medieval walls.
· In the historic center of Alcudia, you can join the free guided tour that takes place every Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The starting point is the church.
· “Un Hivern en Mallorca” (“A Winter in Mallorca”), which includes concerts, guided tours, a jazz festival in September and several local festivals, which are very attractive to visitors.
Book now with Balearic Transfer